Monday, September 15, 2008

Positive Motivation... Optimism vs. Pessimism

I have found it essential to have a positive attitude about life. I want to experience life to it's fullest. Thus, I must be completely optimistic.

We all have a pessimistic side to us, even the biggest optimist has a pessimistic side.

We have to leave pessimism behind to truly be a positive person. Each day when I wake up, I make the choice and state the Affirmation "Today I will remain positive, I will find the good in anything that disrupts my life. I will forgive those that offend me or seem to make my life unpleasant, disruption can only happen if I allow it to happen". With this statement I am affirming that even when things seem bad they really aren't. It is only my perception of the situation that makes it seem that way. If I choose to allow it to bother me, I am allowing for pessimism. So I choose not to allow those negative thoughts to invade my mind.

Therefore I choose to stay optimistic even when life seems complicated. I believe a positive attitude and complete optimism is crucial to my over all well being.